วันจันทร์ที่ 2 มีนาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Coke in My Memory




It’s been over a year since you are gone. I still remember the first day you arrived. You were simply 4 months old – running around my house nervously. But then you learned to be part of our family quickly – running around in and out of the house as your own. The first night you heard lightening and thunder, you cried out so loudly that I had to get out of bed to sit by your cage to calm you down. After that I let you sleep in the house every rainy day. What a spoiled dog, people said. Well, if one never feels so scared in one’s life, one would never understand how Coke would have felt. Every time there was a thunder and lightening, you would cry and knock on my bedroom door. Later on, you must have decided that you had been one of the members of the family to live in the house and never returned to sleep in your cage. Again, in stormy nights, I had to take my pillow down and sleep in the living room to calm you down.

As you grew up, you became clever as well as mischievous. You know who you could cheat and play tricks on. Coke loved staying the house, especially when the air conditioner was on. As soon as the air conditioner was turned off after dinner, you knew it was time to stretch out. Coke would just walk straight to the front door and poked the head out to feel the temperature outside. Most of the time you would step back to the living room and enjoyed a cooler temperature.
You were such a handsome Alsatian. Too bad you could not have any little ones. You loved chasing birds and rats. I had to keep telling you not to harm them. You were our house guardian. No one could take anything from the house without our company. At one time, while my dad's friend was taking our printer out of the house to have it fixed at his home, you ran from the house and nip him. You had a good sense for strangers. Everytime we had house guests, Coke would welcome them with fierce barking. As soon as guests were invited to sit comfortably into the house and you were let in, you became such a tame cat! On the other hand, while you were in the house, no new strangers could ever enter the house. Many times after satisfactorily sniffing on house guests, you would walk away. But if you didn't feel like the person, you would just bit that person and walked away! Ha ha. Luckily, this happened only once or twice.

I still remember you vividly just like it was just a few days ago. You lived a good long life with us for 12 years. If you were humans, you would be over 84 years old. Your only health problem was that hind legs did not have much strength -- common problem for huge dogs. The day I walked in and found out you wer gone for good, I couldn't help crying and crying. I know you would be well in heaven. I have wished you all the best. You were my favorite one and will remain in my memory.

Rest in peace.

Love


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น